How do we take care of your Privacy?
This document describes how we use and process your personal data. It also tells you how you can contact us if you have questions about your personal data.
Your privacy is important to us. We value the trust you have placed in us, and are committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal data you give us.
EuropeGroup may amend the Privacy from time to time, so visit this page regularly to keep abreast of the updates.
1. What kind of personal information does EuropeGroup use?
When you make a reservation, you are asked for your name and surname. You might also be asked for your home address, date and place of birth, email address, mobile number, payment information, the names of guests travelling with you. To make it easier to manage your reservations, you can open a user account. This allows you to save your personal settings, review previous bookings and manage future reservations.
2. Why does EuropeGroup collect, use and share your personal data?
- Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation and forward your reservation details.
- Account administration: We offer a user account facility on our website. We use the information you give us to administer this, allowing you to manage your bookings, take advantage of special offers, make future reservations more easily and manage your personal settings.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
For example: When you make a reservation with us or set up a user account, we may use your contact information to send you news of similar travel-related products and services. With your consent we may also send you other regular newsletters by email, SMS or push. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time writing an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made;
- We may also send you other material related to your reservations, such as vouchers linked by mail, SMS or push.
- Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
3. How does EuropeGroup share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties.
- The driver: In order to complete your reservation by App, we need to transfer relevant reservation details, such as your mobile number, your email address, your address to the driver. This may include information such as your name, your contact details, your payment details, the names of guests travelling with you. This information may also be used by the driver who could complete your reservation through the app. (e.g. the driver can call you in case of communication or sudden difficulties such as traffic jam, blocked area, etc.). For security reasons, we will never store your credit card details on our server. Also when you use our App for the payment on board, your credit card details are never shared or memorized on our device.
- Third-party service providers: We may use service providers (such as “external collaborators” or “suppliers”) to process your personal data strictly on our behalf. This processing would be for purposes such as facilitating reservations. These processors are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes or any other purpose.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
4. How does EuropeGroup make use of mobile devices?
We have free apps for a variety of mobile devices and use versions of our regular website that have been optimised for mobile and tablet. These apps and mobile websites process the personal details you give us in much the same way as our website.
5. Does GeeKyDriver (app) see any payments data?
All data is secure via certificated encrypting systems. EuropeGroup cooperates with superior payment platforms as Braintree (a Pay Pal Company). GeeKyDriver itself can never access any data.
6. What security procedures does EuropeGroup put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access and the misuse of personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work. Your credit card details (when they are needed as part of the reservation process) are never shared and stored on our server.
The services offered by EUROPEGROUP are for children of 16 years old. In the event that we might receive information from a child under age 16, we reserve the right to delete them
DISCLOSURE PURSUANT TO ART. 13 OF EU REGULATION No. 679/2016
Data will be processed using manual, computerized and telematic tools.
The data controller is EuropeGroup S.r.l. with registered office in Cassinetta di Lugagnano 20081, in Viale Lombardia snc, VAT number 01668220229 in the person of the legal representative pro tempore.
The contact details of the Data Protection Officer are: email@example.com
The updated list of our customers and suppliers, as Data Processors for the performance of activities instrumental to the pursuit of the aforementioned purposes, is easily available by contacting the following telephone number: +39 02 9425100, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to request access to personal data and the correction or cancellation of the same or the limitation of processing that concern you or to oppose their treatment, as well as being entitled to data portability. The exercise of these rights does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your data on the basis of legitimate interest, up until the time of exercising these rights. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Supervisory Authority.
These rights may be exercised by e-mail by writing to email@example.com or by post to the address of the registered office.
The cancellation of your data can also be requested by clicking here.
The cookies used on this website are included in the categories described below.
By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small text file automatically stored on your computer in the browser. Cookies contain basic information on your use of the Internet and by means of the browser are recognised whenever you visit the website.
HOW TO DEACTIVATE COOKIES IN BROWSERS
If you are using Internet Explorer
In Internet Explorer, click on “Tools” and then “Internet Options”. On the Privacy tab, move the slider up to block all cookies or down to allow all cookies, and then click on OK.
If you are using Firefox
Go to the “Tools” menu of the browser and select the “Options” menu. Click on the “Privacy” tab, deselect “Accept cookies” and click on OK.
If you are using Safari
In Voting Browser, select “Edit” and select “Preferences”. Click on “Privacy”. Set “Cookies Block” to always and click on OK.
If you are using Google Chrome
Click on the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar. Select “Settings”. Click on “Show advanced settings”. In the “Privacy” section, click on “Content Settings”. In the “Cookies” section, select “Block sites from setting any data” or select “Block third-party cookies and site data” checkbox. Then click on OK.
If you are using another browser, search the cookie management method in the browser’s settings.
Activities strictly necessary for operation
These cookies are technical and allow the site to work properly. For example, they are used to keep you connected during navigation to prevent needing to log on again to open another page.
Preference saving activities
These cookie are used to save the preferences you select during navigation, e.g. to set the language.
Statistic and audience measuring activities
These cookies help to understand, by means of data gathered in anonymous, aggregated manner, how users interact with our websites by providing information on the visited sections, the time elapsed on the website and possible malfunctions. This information helps us improve the quality of our websites.
We use various suppliers, who in turn may install cookies for the correct operation of the services we are providing. Please click on the links provided in the following table for more information on third-party cookies and how to deactivate them.
Furthermore, the http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/le-tue-scelte page provides information on behavioural advertising and on how to deactivate or activate the listed companies which work with website managers for collecting and using information useful for accessing advertising.
COOKIES NEEDED TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE
THIRD-PART STATISTIC AND AUDIENCE MEASURING COOKIES
ADVERTISING AND REMARKETING PROLIFERATION COOKIES
These cookie (third-party advertising services) are used to send advertising and customised contents according to the website navigation chronology. Proliferation cookie use can be deactivated by means of the following link.
Important: deactivating proliferation cookies does not means that you will not receive advertising when navigating on the website but only that the advertising you will see will not be selected according to your interests and thus could be less relevant to you.
SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING COOKIES
These third-party cookies are used to integrate some common functions on the major social media networks and to provide them on the website. In particular, they allow to register on the website using Facebook and Google Connect, to share and show comments on the website pages on the social network, enabling the “Like” function on Facebook and of “+1” on G+.
The social media sharing cookie use can be deactivated by means of the following link.
THE DATA CONTROLLER IS —–, ADDRESS —–.
You may exercise the rights of art. 7 of Personal Data Protection Code, such as accessing information concerning yourself or request updating, rectification, integration, erasure, anonymisation or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully. You may oppose to the processing of your data totally or in part.
To exercise the aforesaid rights, you may contact the Data Controller at —– by calling —–, by writing to —– address —– or by sending an email to —–.